Eagle Scout Scholarship
Eagle Scouts who are currently in their senior year are eligible to apply for a scholarship within the Sioux Council. The following criteria must be reached:
1. Be currently registered in the Sioux Council, Boy Scouts of America.
2. Have been granted the Eagle Scout Award. Applicants must ensure that they have been certified by the National Office as an Eagle Scout prior to submission of the application. Attach a copy of the Eagle project if desired.
3. Be a graduating high school senior and an entering post-secondary school freshman in the year he is applying for a scholarship. Example: 2016 grants are awarded only to high school seniors graduating in 2016 and entering a post-secondary school in the fall of 2016. Any requests for exceptions (e.g., military training) must be submitted in writing with the applications.
4. Submit photocopy of SAT score and/or ACT score. (Applicants must have taken the SAT or ACT in time to submit the results with this application. Scores may be secondary to Scouting/community involvement in the selection process.)
5. Have demonstrated leadership ability in Scouting and a strong record of participation in activities outside of Scouting
6. Possess some financial need (secondary to achievement in the selection process).
7. Have the endorsement of a volunteer or professional Scout leader who knows the applicant personally.
8. Attach a brief statement of 50 to 100 words entitled, "What receiving this Eagle Scout Scholarship would mean to me."
Eagle Scholarship Form